Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just One of Those Days

So little time, so much to do....please tell me that someone else gets overwhelmed by everyday life!

I think that I am coming to a harsh realization...life, daily life, is HARD! Do you ever find yourself wondering if your job will ever get better and allow you to enjoy life? Do you ever wonder if your house will look just like you want it to...not because of decoration or lack thereof...I mean, just have the laundry folded, the carpet vacuumed and the toilets cleaned? Life has been really crazy for me since moving back into a house that is all mine to take care of. I love it. I love being home. But, I do have to admit that living in someone else's home for 2 years erased my memory of what being a homeowner meant. I find myself dreaming...if I only had 2 weeks here...with nothing to do...that would be the life.

Even though I have had one of those days for the past week and a half, I still find that I am happy. Obviously I am not happy because of everything around me, I am happy because of what lives in my heart and the joy that is produced. If it weren't for the presence of Christ in my life I would be a miserable person. I am so thankful that in the midst of everyday yuck, God is so beautiful. I have found that if I take just a moment to reflect on who He is, my perspective changes. Now, I must confess....I do this A LOT during a day's time!

All in all, I believe that God is teaching me to just rest in Him when I feel that rest is no where in site. God is allowing me to feel stretched so thin so that only He may revive my spirit. I am just so thankful for how He teaches me things. As we head into the end of this week I wish you all a restful weekend in Him!