Friday, February 25, 2011

February 17, 2011....


Is a date that will forever change my life. It is the day I became a mother. The past week of my life has been the quickest, hardest, most fun, most rewarding week of my life.I now find it hard to believe that there was a time in life when I questioned whether or not I would ever want children.

Stella Rae Sadie made her way into this world on February 17, 2011 at 10:09 p.m. She weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. She is every bit of perfect to me. Nick and I are so blessed.

Not that I have much of a clear mind these days due to sleep deprivation,however, I find myself wondering how in the world I am to guide this child through life so that she is a strong woman who loves God and can make wise choices. The only thing that comes to mind is Bethany Dillon's song Beautiful. As women we are bombarded with images of perfection. I want Stella to know that she will never be perfect but is perfectly loved by a God who created her in His image. What a responsibility I have to show her what beautiful is supposed to reflect.....

Lyrics to Beautiful by Bethan Dillon

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

No comments: