Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Day Only the Devil Could Conspire

Whew. It is now 12:15 a.m. Yesterday is finally gone! Just to recount my day...

4:30 a.m. - My alarm clock resonates reminding me that I have a 6:30 flight to catch

5:00 a.m. - I finally roll out of bed

5:25 a.m. - I am gathering my things and headed out of the door when I realize that my cat, Emma, has decided to poop outside of her litter box for the 4th time in a week and a half.

5:27 a.m. - I am chasing an angry kitty around my house who is hissing and trying to bite me if I come near her. I assume it is because she knows just how angry I am.

5:30 a.m. - I noticed that Emma has not used her litter box since I changed it. Of course, being me I personalize it and think that my cat is getting revenge on me for something.

5:33 a.m. - I am finally driving through the gates of my neighborhood to the airport.

6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - My day is going as planned. Except for the traffic in ATL. But - not such a big deal.

2:30 - 4:30 - I am in the gym and running errands. I receive an interesting phone call with pieces of a missing truth that I have been without. I find myself angry, discouraged, relieved and wondering if one day...just one day - some man may find me worthy enough to take the risk of falling in love with me. But, that is enough. Let your minds wonder.

4:30 - 5:00 - I meet my parents at my house. They are coming over to help me hang pictures, have dinner and work on my taxes because I have been so slack this year and waited until the VERY last minute. My sweet little Emma is still quite irritable with everyone. Mom suspects she is sick. I dismiss it until I read the Internet about her behavior - sure enough, looks like my cat has an urinary tract infection.

5:00 - 5:15 - I am chasing an 18 lb. cat around the house. My parents are manning every open doorway so that she cannot escape into exile where she knows I will never reach her. Finally, after peeing in my closet - Emma emerges and I am able to cage her and get her to the vet.

6:00 - I leave the vet's office without my constant feline companion. She will have lots of tests done tomorrow to determine just how bad the infection may be. Meanwhile, I left Mom and Dad to hang 5 pics while I was gone. Upon my return to the house, they were still working on #1 :).

6:15 - 7:30 - We are still hanging pictures on the wall :). My father is such a perfectionist. I appreciate that about him after the fact but is sure does try this impatient girl's nerves. But, I couldn't ask for a better dad!

7:45 - Finally, off to dinner. We are all hungry. Good food and conversation were ended abruptly by the reminder of unfinished taxes lingering at my house.

8:30 - Dad and I attack the taxes. I cannot figure out for the life of me why I owe SC money. And then, I remember, I have two W-2's from my previous employer - one of which I never bothered to open.

11:45 - After much agony and sweat - the taxes are done. My federal refund is greater. I am now getting a SC return. However, I do owe the Tar Heel State. Oh well - I am out $80 bucks. Better than the $900 that I thought I was going to have to lay down.

Some days are just better than others. Yesterday was definitely an "other".

Rest well blog world....

1 comment:

Alicia Looper said...

Do you want to come eat dinner with the Loopers on Saturday? Let me know.