Friday, July 10, 2009

I Need Help...

....with my attitude.

July is so super busy I go into mild cardiac arrest thinking about how I am going to get everything done. I am traveling with work part of the first two weeks of July. I am on family vacation the third week and off to Nicaragua for the final week of this month. Although most of my travel is personal and exciting I am having a hard time finding enthusiasm.

The timeline for final payment for my Nicaragua trip is approaching ever-so-quickly. July 19 will be here far sooner than I prefer. Considering I have only raised half of my support for the trip, I am discouraged and disheartened. I know I am supposed to believe that God is faithful but, to tell you the truth, my faith is waning and I am starting to wonder if this trip was ever part of His plan for me. Low support, coupled with a waiting period that seems like it will never end, brings me to a place I rather not be. My spirits are low to say the least. Even though I know that it seemed pretty clear at the time to say yes to the trip, Satan has a tight grip on my mind right now and is trying to convince me that God does not make good on any of His promises....for me at least. I feel like I am on the perpetual side line watching God fulfill promises for everyone but me. Please pray that my mind and attitude would change as I have a very important trip for which I need to be spiritually prepared. Please pray that I will find my peace again and the joy that only God can bring.

I do believe...help my unbelief, lack of faith, attitude that stinks, etc...etc.

Thanks for your prayers and support. Please accept my apologies for this less than uplifting post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He will provide! Even if you end up paying for part of it, you may return home and receive that portion in some crazy way. You never know! ANd who is Satan, just a liar, a coward, and a cheat... he aint got nothin on you! I will pray for you my dear, as I have been. I have orayed for God to prepare your heart and mind for this trip and I prayed over that small check as I sent it. You are off to do amazing things. I love you!