Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Thanful Aunt

When my days start completely chaotic I don't know why I am ever surprised by the chaos that will follow. Today was definitely a day that I would not like to repeat.

My family has season tickets for the Clemson games. We all tailgate and enjoy being together on game days. Today was the 4th home game in a row. The journey to the game began with a niece who had wet her pants. Julia Anne is potty trained, but we still have some accidents every now and then. So, we got Julia Anne all cleaned up at my house before leaving Piedmont for Clemson. I got half way to Easley and realized that I had forgotten my ticket....you know what that means. After Cam and Brooke waited for me for about 20 minutes, we were finally on the way.

Julia Anne absolutely loves the games. She loves cheering and being in the middle of all the action. As Brooke, my sister, was going to get her out of the car, Julia Anne had propped up against the car door and fell face first as the door was opened. It was a nasty fall. So, we ended up in the ER in Seneca to make sure that there was no serious damage done. Staying true to her nature, Julia Anne was a champ and is ok. She walked away with some scratches and bruises, but we are expecting a full recovery.

As I waited in the waiting room while the doctors examined her, I was crippled with fear and anxiety. Seeing and hearing the fall was one of the scariest things that I have witnessed in a while. I immediately just asked for God's peace and provision concerning Julia Anne.

I am so thankful that Julia Anne is ok and that God loves us so tenderly. God met me there in the waiting room. The fear did not disappear, but His peace was sufficient. I am so grateful to serve a God who meets us right where we are and continually picks us up, even after some of the nastiest falls.

1 comment:

Alicia Looper said...

You are such a wonderful aunt and friend. I'm so thankful Julia Ann is okay.