Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ain't No Place Like Home

To all of my fellow Carolinians....take a moment to look around, take a deep breath and appreciate the natural beauty that surrounds you.

I have, unfortunately, been in Iowa for the last two days. As soon as you step off of the plane, you wonder if a cow was hit during the landing. The air is thick with animal smells here. And, to be quite frank, it is not pleasant. The smell is just something that I cannot get used to as it slaps me across the face each time I step outdoors.

Ok, so it smells bad, but, it is the Midwest and it should be green. Nope. Think again. It is flat and not so green. It is more or less a brown. You would hope that the sunshine would make up for it, but from my experience...nope....it doesn't. The only redeeming quality Iowa has is the people that live here. I have never met a Midwesterner that is not pleasant. If I lived here I think that I would be a miserable mess because there are no mountains. There is no beach. There is just flat smelliness.

I have been traveling for close to 2 years now with my job. I have come to appreciate the Carolinas and the landscape that they have to offer. There truly just ain't no place like home!!

No comments: