Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Thankful for Good Friends

I am traveling this week...what's new, right? Anywho, I am in Nashville and then on to New Orleans by the end of the week. I really love coming to Nashville. The city has a great to feel to it and there is a lot to see and do. The see and do part I don't really get to take part in because I am always working. I also have great friends that live just outside of Nashville. Ashley and Darren were friends of mine at Clemson and it is always so nice to spend time with them when I am here.

Tonight was an extra special treat. I was able to have dinner with Ashley and Darren at their house and then we went for ice cream. Having ice cream is something that Ashley and I would have never done in college because we were way too concerned with our figures. The funny thing is, now that we do enjoy a scoop here and there, we probably look way better than we did in college :). After we enjoyed our ice cream we just hang out at their house and spent time catching up. The time that I spent with them tonight was literally 5 hours of home for me...and that means so much when I am on the road so often. And, thanks to Darren, I know have 1000+ songs on my ipod and I am super excited and thankful for that! Thanks Darren!!!

In such a time of personal transition I become very reflective....hence the blog! As I think about the friends that I have made throughout my life, I have come to realize how extremely blessed I am to have such great people in my life. As I think about moving back to SC I am saddened most by the thought of leaving those friends that I have come to hold so dear. If you are a Wilmington peep - thank you for having such a huge part in my life. You have no idea how instrumental you have been in my life. Thanks for sharing a lot of good times, belly-busting laughs and painful hurts. You guys are unconditional and unwavering and I love you so much! I am grateful that you all are staying in Wilmington because you know that this beach bum can't stay away for too long! I look forward to all of the things that lie ahead for us all.

And, for those of you who have known me for years....
Thank you for your support and love even when you were mumbling under your breath "what is she thinking?". God has blessed me so much throughout my life because of your friendship. If you are in SC, I look forward to reconnecting and seeing you as much as I want to! You may have to tell me to go away.

I know that this blog may seem rather cheesy, but, as I left Ashely and Darren's tonight I couldn't help but think - I have to blog about my wonderful friends. I don't tell you enough how thankful I am to have you as part of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I can say to that is... to have wonderful friends you have to be a wonderful friend, and you have exceeded any and all expectations of the definition of a wonderful friend. I love you!