Monday, April 28, 2008

Who Will You Choose?

I am sitting in the Charlotte airport. I have a 2 and 1/2 hour delay. There is a man in the corner of the club where I wait who is speaking very loudly on the phone. I cannot tell if he is foreign or Elmer Fudd's brother. It is quite entertaining considering that I have nothing better to do than to sit here and blog about it.

On a more serious note...
CNN is the only channel that the club will broadcast so I am constantly reminded of the state of our country. I have never really been too interested in politics until this year. I am not more interested, really, I am just scared to death for the future of our country. As I sit, watch and learn about the candidates who may be up for election, my concern only grows. It is quite a helpless feeling to know that in November I will be voting for the lesser evil. I am not especially fond of any candidate, so this is not my political banner to endorse a particular person. This is, though, my plea for you to pray, earnestly pray for our country. Gas prices are ridiculous, resources are limited and no one in congress can agree on anything. Please join me in praying for our country so that we will return to unity and ultimately to God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DITTO!!! Amen, sister! I hear ya. I feel exactly the same way! I dread voting in November, not because I have high hopes of my Superman candidate winning, but because not a dag on one of them should be elected. I share the same fears and concerns you do for the future of our country. For the future of this world, quite frankly. But one thing you and I and all of our Christian brothers and sisters have to lean on... the promise God has made to us. His promise of eternity in a place where there is no grief or suffering, no fighting over oil, no tears, no heartache, no turmoil. I am glad we will be dancin' with Jesus together! I am so thankful for you!