Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blessings

I don't know about you, but I have the tendency to always wonder why God is blessing other people and seemingly forgetting all about me. I have been quite convicted of this lately because I have been the one who has been defining the blessings. I have not allowed God to just be God in my life and bestow HIS blessings in HIS timing. Upon realizing this, I have started to look at EVERYTHING about my life in such a new light.

I was comparing my life with everyone else around me. Of course I am not going to be happy with MY life when I am trying to live EVERYONE else's...oh the pressure I put on myself. I have found a new freedom in just resting in God and he really has rocked my world. I just want to share about what He has been up to in my life....

As I have written before, I am moving home to Greenville, SC next month - WOO HOO!! I have grown so excited about moving home. My excitement is a miracle in and of itself! Last month I was really dreading the move because all I could think about was what I am leaving behind in Wilmington. God, in his mercy and grace, has allowed a lot of positive and some painful things to happen in the last 4 weeks that have only fed my excitement and affirmed to me that He is in control of this move.

First of all, I have been wondering how I am going to afford May. I have a house payment and rent payment to make. I could dip into my savings, but why do that if I don't have to? Last week I discovered that I would receive a reward from the company that I work for because I referred a new employee. The reward was monetary and was just shy of what I would owe for my rent for May. Oh, how my God provides!

Last but not least, I travel with my job. Most of the time my travel is not overwhelming...I can travel 1-2 nights a week and have most of the week at home working. Well, during the next 5 weeks leading up to my move, I will only be home maybe one day each week. This is a little unsettling because I do wonder how I am going to get everything packed up, but, it dawned on me that this is a huge blessing. Right now I live a street back from the beach. The weather should get warmer in the next few weeks and the beach will be calling my name. I love the beach and it is going to be so hard to leave it....especially when I can see and hear it every day that I am home. God, in his wisdom, filled my calendar with travel so that I become more and more accustomed to not being in Wilmington right before I move. But, in his love and kindness, he did sneak a few days in there so that I can spend them soaking in the sun and saying my good-byes to those who have come to mean so much to me in Wilmington.

Surprises are always the best because you can never expect them. I have come to realize that blessings are even better because they are from God and he always, always exceeds my expectations. Even though I don't have everything that I think I want or need, even though moving away will be a sacrifice on my part, God is blessing my obedience to him...and I haven't even moved yet!!!! He is making himself so clear to me that I am falling more and more in love with him and trusting him more each day.

I challenge you to look for the hidden blessings in your life. If you are constantly waiting on God to accomplish in your life what you want, please, take a moment and let God show you what he wants from you. You will be amazed and overly joyed by all that he will do in and through you. We serve an awesome and mighty God!

PS...If you are looking for a good read, pick up THE SHACK by William P. Young. You will not be able to put it down and it will change the way that you think about God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that, my dear, dear Karis!!! I like what you said about if you are waiting for God to give you what you want or need, please take a second to find out what HE needs from you! You are so awesome and though I will miss you so terribly much when you move, I am so thankful God's faithfulness will take care of us both!!! You are an amazing woman!