Monday, August 18, 2008

Please Tell Me What This Means...

I had this dream last week. It was quite bizarre and I don't even know how to interpret the meaning of it. It was quite entertaining, so I will share it with all of my fellow bloggers....

Here is a little background information....
I work in clinical reasearch. Although I do not actively recruit patients to participate, I am involved with all of my sites to help them develop strategies for recruitment. The studies that I work on do not offer monitary rewards for participating, but some studies do. I am in the middle of a job change and have had work on my mind a lot. I also had 2 doctors' appointments last week. I always dread going to the doctor in fear of what I may find out. So, moving on to my dream.

I walk into the cardiologist's office. They have a game board the size of a conference table set up. At the very end of the very colorful game board is CANCUN in bright letters. I am curiously checking everything out when the nurse asks me, "Would you like to play?". I am not a big gamer in reality, but in my dream I said, "Sure, what are the rules?". The nurse proceeds to hand me a handful of dice. Each one had a point on them. She told me that I had to at least roll a 12 in order to go to Cancun. Well, in my dream she handed me like 24 dice, so I was thinking, shoot I have this one in the bag. So, as I walked to the table, the nurse placed a bright green lamp shade on my head with oranges all over it. She said, "you have to wear this when rolling the dice!". So, I conceded and dumped all of the dice on the table and, of course, I rolled greater than 12. Just as I was ready to claim my Cancun vacation she told me that I had to give a vial of blood for a research trial that was taking place at the office. I agreed as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with the coercive manner which she used to get my compliance. Then, I woke up.

I know, this is a really random post telling the story of a really random dream. I have thought about this dream and laughed, so I hope that you will find it humorous, too. If you have any insight into my psyche, please, feel free to share :).

No comments: